On Friday, August 27th 2021 a chain split occurred on Ethereum mainnet. This is an issue affecting Geth on the Execution Layer (ETH1). Version 1.10.8 has been released to resolve the issue. If you are running Geth as your Execution Layer client, please update to the version 1.10.8. If you are using Infura or like-service there is no action necessary.
How Do I Update My Validator?
- You can find the Geth v1.10.8 repo here
- If you used Somer Esat’s guide, follow the instructions provided under “Appendix A – Updating Geth”
- Check out the EthStaker Validator Workshop – the same steps apply that are outlined here.
Where Can I Get More Support/Information?
- If you have Geth specific questions join the Geth Discord Server and ask their community
- If you’re a solo staker and want help updating your validator – join the EthStaker discord and get support
- If you have client-specific questions join the client discord server below:
How Do I Get A POAP Out Of This?
It’s great practice to share updates with your fellow solo stakers. When you updated your Geth node, did you share the news with your validator friend? Did you tweet about it, if so – you deserve a POAP. Acknowledge the statement below to be awarded an exclusive POAP.